Information and Forms


Legal Requirements   A Notice of Intended Marriage Form MUST be lodged at least one calendar month prior to the proposed marriage date, but can be lodged with me up to 18 months prior to your marriage. I have all the necessary documents available.

The Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed and signed by both parties to the marriage and the signatures witnessed by an authorised Celebrant or other suitable person as nominated on the form. One person may lodge this form in cases where it is difficult for them both to be present, however the other party to the marriage must sign the form prior to the marriage in the presence of the Celebrant.

The date of lodgement is important. It must be lodged not later than one calendar month, and not more than 18 months prior to the wedding day. Under special circumstances, the Registrar of the local Magistrates Court may shorten the minimum time of notice. (A fee will apply from the Court, for their consideration of the application)

Marriage of any person under the age of 18 years without an Order of a Judge or Magistrate is invalid. Under no circumstances can two persons under 18 years marry each other.

Documents required for sighting and confirmation:

  • Your original Birth Certificate or current Passport - photocopies are not acceptable

  • Some form of photographic ID, e.g. Driver's Licence, Plus 18 Card or Passport

  • Where applicable, evidence of termination of previous marriage of either or both parties  i.e. Divorce/Death Certificate of previous spouse.

NOTE: Persons from outside Australia should provide their current passport if they do not have their original birth certificate. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Downloadable Forms: (Right click to download these forms from my website.)

Notice of Intended Marriage Form                   Commonwealth Statutory Declaration Form


Ann Barnes, Marriage Celebrant   Phone: Call 0418 192 274  Website by Speedybug Web Design